- An item wrapped in three single quotes is strong.
- An item wrapped in two single quotes is emphasized.
- Any word with multiple CapitalLetters (e. g., StudlyCaps) will become a link.
- Four or more hyphen characters at the start of a line create a horizontal line.
- Newlines turn into the appropriate tags.
- Headers are matching equals signs around the header text -- the more signs, the lesser the header.
- Lists are indented text, by one tab or four spaces by default.
- In unordered lists, where each item has its own bullet point, each item needs a leading asterisk and space.
- Ordered lists consist of items marked with combination of one or more alphanumeric characters followed by a period and an optional space.
- Lists can be nested.
- Any indented text without either marking is code, handled literally. You can nest lists.
The following is valid Wiki formatting, with an extended link as marked.
= my interesting text =
[AnExtendedLink|let the Sun shine]
== my interesting lists ==
* unordered one
* unordered two
1. ordered one
2. ordered two
a. nested one
b. nested two
The first line of a normal paragraph.
The second line of a normal paragraph. Whee.